Panchakarma is used to treat and prevent illnesses. It removes toxins and purifies the body. Panchakarma is considered a very powerful treatment modality, because it eliminates the root cause of disease and restores balance in the body. The purpose of panchakarma treatment is to achieve complete physiological purification.
How can you get the best results from panchakarma?
For panchakarma to yield best results, the body and mind should remain stress free so that the system can use all its energy to remove toxins and rejuvenate tissues. If we tax ourselves, it interferes with purification and limits the benefits of the treatment by bringing down the body’s ability to transport toxins from deep body tissues to the digestive tract.
Therefore, follow these recommendations during panchakarma treatment:
- Reduce activity. Get physical and mental rest.
- Inform your employer and family about the treatment and stay away from the usual preoccupations of work and family.
- Avoid situations that trigger strong emotions.
- Forego sexual activity during and immediately after treatment
- Schedule the treatment so that it doesn’t coincide with menstruation period.
- Reduce sensory input. Avoid TV, internet, bright lights and loud music. Read in moderation, if necessary.
- Minimise speech.
- Avoid strenuous physical exercise.
- Comply with the diet prescribed.